Guys looks what i found on Amazon!!!!
and in case you forgot how awesome magnetic fluid is…
Heres the link! go buy one! (or two and send me one, cause im poor, even though its only $20…)
It’s actually almost rare for a star to be on its own. More than 2/3rds of all stars are in a multiple system, with 2, 3, or more stars all orbiting the systems centre of mass.
The best collections of sciency pictures (with descriptions) put together: (I emboldened my favourites)
- Weird and Beautiful Mushrooms
- Deadliest Animals
- Weirdly Mesmerizing MRI Scans of Fruits and Vegetables
- Awesome Caves from around the World
- 12 Everyday Inventions that have Changed the World
- 10 Most Beautiful Nebulae
- Highest Earning University Degrees
- Amazing Electron Microscope Images
- Extinct Animals we all wish were still around
- Random Science Facts
- More Random Science Facts
- The Beautiful Artwork of Mother Nature (Greenlands Icebergs Edition)
- Tips to Making your House More Environmentally Friendly
- The Things you can Buy with Bitcoins is Surprising
- Real Life Animals that sometimes Behave like Zombies
- The Most Dangerous Places on Earth
- Strangest Inventions that probably should Never have Happened
- Amazing Exotic Fruits
- Food you should Probably Stop Buying
- Surprisingly Dangerous Animals
- Evolution Gone Weird
- Food that will go Extinct thanks to Climate Change (nooo Chocolate)
- Strange -Yet Beautiful- Animals
- Beautiful Cloud Formations
- Strangest Inventions coming out of Japan
The list turned out to be a bit shorter than i thought it would be, so feel free to add your own or submit links to me and ill check them out and add it.
Lightning Appreciation Post:
- There are nearly 500 lightning strikes every second around the world.
- Only about 100 of these strike the earth, the others are between and within the clouds themselves.
- Lightning is very visible from space (last gif from Astronaut Reid Wiseman)
- Besides regular storms (thunder storms, hurricanes, etc.) lightning can be found in volcanoes (gif 3) and even intense forest fires.
In conclusion: nature is fucking awesome!
Via That Science Guy
Anonymous said: Got any fun science-y things to do with kids at home over the summer? :)
I do actually! a few months ago i posted 10 or so fun experiments you can do at home (all on my own science blog, ThatScienceGuy,) the posts were spread out over about a month so I’ll track them down sometime tomorrow and put them all in a convenient place :)
though.. if you dont hear from me again till saturday (sunday for america) it will be because i have 3 exams over the next 5 days, so just send me a message this weekend and ill do it then if i havent already! sorry for the -possible- delay xD
Anonymous said: Why are physicist and Astronomers so married to the “”Law of Gravity”” that they propose such ridiculous ideas as dark matter to keep it is still applicable?
Why are you so divorced to the proven univresal law of gravitation? Is there a new idea you’ve theorized and been hiding from the scientific community?